Stunning Forest Land with Water Cascades in a Paradisiacal environment near Rio de Janeiro
Native Area Rio: native ecological area 100 % covered with forest, 45 ha size, waterfalls and several water sources, impressive flora and fauna, with escritura publica
Facts About the location:
The property is located in Penedo, a district of the Itatiaia municipality, located in the south-western region of Rio de Janeiro state, in Brazil. It was the first Finnish settlement in Brazil (founded in 1929), and the Finnish influence can still be noticed in some houses, commercial buildings and, as well as in the local culture. Penedo is located right next to the National Parque of Itatiaia (Parque Nacional do Itatiaia), approximately a 2-hour drive from Rio de Janeiro city (close to the border between Rio de Janeiro, São Paulo and Minas Gerais). This small village still maintains its magnificent natural resources (vegetation, rivers/waterfalls and wildlife) compared to the beginning of the Finnish settlement.
About the property:
The property of ~45.5 ha (454,869 m²) is situated in one of the prime areas of Penedo. Totally covered in native forest, this property has waterfalls and many natural sources of water (springs). It’s a perfect setup for those who would like to live a self-sustainable lifestyle in a paradisiacal environment. The property was originally called ‘Terras do Surucuá’ (Land of the Surucuá) due to the fact that it is the natural habitat of the ‘surucuá-de-barriga-amarela’ (trogon viridis) bird.
A kmz.-file (for google earth, as documentation of the geo-referencing) is available.
Additional Information about Penedo and Surroundings:
- Official and Municipal Information: https://itatiaia.rj.gov.br/
- General Tourism Information: http://visit.rio/que_fazer/penedo/
We accompany clients during the whole sales process and provide encompassing consulting services.
- This land is exclusively for sale, not for rental of any kind.
- It is reasonable and also recommended that interested buyers perform a visit of the property with a subsequent diligence in order to make an informed decision on whether to proceed with the purchase. It is however expected that the prospective client has the necessary financial means to purchase. It is important to note that Brazilian banks or in general financial institutions do not give, under any circumstances, loans or mortgages to foreigners. Also, it is very rare that European or American banks concede loans or mortgages for purchasing real estate in Brazil. It is thus indispensable to have the proper capital in order to effectuate a purchase.
- The buyer/investor does not pay any kind of commission to the realtor in Brazil – the commission is strictly the responsability of the seller. However, the buyer is responsible for paying the notary costs as well as the ITBI (Imposto de Transmissão de Bens Imóveis – the property transfer tax) which ranges, depending on the state, between 2 – 3 %.
- Property type: Landplot
- State: Rio de Janeiro
- Offer type: For Sale
- City: Itatiaia
- Postal Code and Neighbourhood: 27580-000 Penedo
- Lot size: 454000 m²
- Property ID: 22128
- ID: 22128
- Views: 478